Saturday 13 August 2016

Secrets

Now let me tell you a story.  A story where a girl had a panic attack because of an obvious trigger but she didn't tell anyone it was a trigger.  Don't do that! Don't be me!  After a panic attack there can be a lot of questions and although with my team at NCS at the moment we have established a "don't ask, just hug" rule which our team leader put in place after I confessed to the leaders I had self-harmed again and everything when tits up not everyone is that good and having to explain after what happened is not nice.  Especially when it has been the cause of about three and you lied about the passed two saying you didn't know the trigger.  Eventually you have to say or else it gets worse.  Don't keep secrets.  Tell someone who is going to be with you, it doesn't matter who or do what I've done in the past.  Sometimes it can be hard to say these things out loud so either write the person a letter or write it on a flashcard or something which you can carry round with you and show someone so they know what is going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment